The ministry of lands was established as a department of Lands and later changed into a full ministry which changed its name according to the functions within that specific period. The current name is Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development which encompass core sector Departments which are: Land Administration, Survey and Mapping, Physical Planning and Housing.
Core sector units are Registration of Titles, Property Valuation, and District Land and Housing Tribunal. Apart from that, the Ministry has various Supporting Departments and Units which increase the efficiency of work in the ministry like Administration and Human Resources Management, Finance and Accounts, Internal Audit, Legal Services, Policy and Planning, Information Communication and Technology (ICT), Information-Education and Communication and Procurement Management.
100 Jobs at Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlements Development – Assistant Town Planners
Job opportunity at Wizara Ya Ardhi , Ajira Wizara Ya Ardhi , Nafasi za Kazi Wizara Ya Ardhi , Nafasi za kazi mpya Wizara Ya Ardhi Tanzania, nafasi za kazi kampuni ya serikari, Wizara Ya Ardhi jobs tanzania, Wizara Ya Ardhi jobs 2022, Wizara Ya Ardhi jobs for matriculants, Tamisemi
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To converse data of town planning drawings;
- To index town planning drawings in data conversion exercise;
- To record town planning drawings in data conversion exercise;
- To scan all town planning drawings in data conversion exercise;
- Geo-referencing of town planning drawings in data conversion exercise;
- Vectorization of town planning drawings with QGIS in data conversion exercise;
- To create attribute information of all vectorized data with QGIS;
- To identify parcel in unplanned areas;
- To sensitize plot owners in areas where parcel identification will be done;
- To prepare daily reports on the progress of data conversion exercise; and
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by immediate supervisor.
1.0.12 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of Diploma in one of the following fields; Urban and Regional Planning, Regional Development Planning, and Housing and Infrastructure Planning from recognized
institutions. Candidates should be qualified and experienced in the practice of spatial data analysis software (QGIS). All applicants must have Laptop and Smartphone.
The deadline for submitting the application is 07 April 2022.