Head of Credit
Bank of Baroda, a leading nationalized bank in India is an international bank. It ranks 152 amongst the top 1000 in the world. The Bank of Baroda has worldwide presence by way 8485 branches in India and 96 branches/offices at overseas Centre. It is one of the largest banks in India. It is having.
Bank of Baroda entered Tanganyika way back in 1956 and remained till nationalization of financial institutions up to February 1967. The Bank had three branches in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Moshi at the time of nationalization under Arusha declaration. The bank had come back to play its role in the economic development of the country and well-being of the people of the United Republic of Tanzania in October 2004.
Bank of Baroda (Tanzania) Limited is fully owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda. As part of the expansion program bank is looking for Head of Credit for their operations in Tanzania. Presently the Bank has branches in Dar es Salaam, Arusha and Mwanza.
The Bank is providing full-fledged banking operations and serving the people in all walks of life. The bank is financing businessman, traders, manufacturers, retailers, individuals, employees of well-established companies, institutions, government departments, SMEs etc. In addition to other Banking Services.
Position: Head of Credit (Senior Manager Cadre)
Major responsibilities shall include:
- He/she will be overseeing Credit department and Credit Monitoring department
- Oversee Credit functions of subsidiary and associated compliance and risk.
- Monitoring and functioning for development of Credit portfolio of bank.
- Implementation of Management business strategy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Candidate shall have minimum qualification of Graduate in one of the following disciplines: Finance and accounting, Banking, and/or Credit.
- Candidate shall possess the in-depth knowledge about credit analysis, appraisal, pricing etc.
- Candidate shall possess the working knowledge in Credit Screening and Monitoring.
- Candidate shall have minimum of 05 years of experience in Banking at managerial level in field like Credit, Treasury or Operations.
- Candidates shall have Strong analytical ability; excellent communication skills; outstanding organizational and leadership skills; Problem-solving aptitude.
- Being Head of Credit, he is expected to plan, organize, lead and control the daily work of Credit Department of our Bank.
Who can apply:
- Candidates holding Local Citizenship i.e., Tanzanian Nationality only can apply for the requested Job opportunity.
Remuneration: Successful candidates shall receive a competitive salary and other benefits in accordance with the status of the bank in the industry.
Mode of Application:
Candidates who meet the required qualification and experience shall apply in writing accompanied by Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a passport size photograph and copies of all supporting documents related to academic qualification and work experience attached to the CV, providing postal as well as E-mail addresses and telephone numbers. In addition, they shall provide names and postal and E-mail addresses of two referees who will be contacted to furnish confidential reports to successful candidates to the following address not later than 04/10/2021 before 5.00 P.M. (East African Time).
Bank of Baroda (T) Limited.
Plot no.149/32, Ohio/Sokoine Drive, P O Box No.5356, Dar es salaam, TANZANIA
Phone no: +255 22 2124472/87, 2124461 (CM), Fax: +255 22 2124457
Email: [email protected]
The management reserves the rights of shortlisting and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview in person.