APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Tohara Salama Project:
POSITION TITLE: TECHNICAL DIRECTOR (1 POSITION)
Reports to: Chief of Party
Supervisory role: Deputy Directors and Managers
Location: APHFTA HQ-Dar es salaam
The Technical Director shall provide technical guidance in the assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of VMMC services by strengthening the capacity of service delivery teams to provide comprehensive VMMC services aligned to National and PEPFAR guidelines and policies and promotes adherence to VMMC technical considerations. Develop project strategic plans cognizant of the needs of the government, Development Partners (DPs)and APHFTA. Monitor progress on achieving goals of strategic plans towards APHFTA and DPs’ targets. Provide technical guidance to all VMMC activities including the review and management of operational procedures and give input into marketing strategies to reach clients. Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the VMMC Project. Support linkages to STI, ART and TB care. Conduct regular site visits to review Project implementation and provide onsite and telephonic support as and when needed and make recommendations for corrective action as required. Ensure all project staff have clear job descriptions, Organizational Planning and Review Appraisals (OPRAS) are done as per APHFTA HR manual. Supervise Project Personnel and ensure that they grow in their jobs, skills and abilities. Ensure all project subordinate staff meet expectations and provide high quality standard of work. Oversee all project M & E Activities including development of appropriate SOP, Guidelines and Systems to ensure quality of data. Oversee and support the MEL team to ensure timely data verification and supporting of verification reports to USAID. Support implementation teams in the development and monitoring of implementation plans. Provide expert advice on Project targets and analyze Project results against targets and make recommendations for corrective action, submit monthly reports to the Chief of Party (CoP) and support Director of Programs to compile and submit to all stakeholders.
- Doctor of Medicine degree required; additional degree in public health or related field is preferred
- At least five years of senior level management experience in the design, implementation, and management of an activity of similar size, complexity, and setting
- Ten years of senior level experience in health service delivery required, with an emphasis on child health, VMMC or biomedical prevention preferred
- Proven capacity to implement activities adhering to international norms and standards
- Knowledge of USG and Government of Tanzania health initiatives and related requirements
- Exceptional skills in data analysis and the utilization of data for decision-making
- Strong English and Swahili speaking and writing language skills
- This position is open for Tanzanians, East Africans, and SADC nationals.
INSTRUCTIONS TO INTERESTED APPLICANTS
APHFTA is an equal opportunity employer and the positions are open to all qualified candidates. Women are highly encouraged to apply. Eligible candidates should submit their updated detailed CV with list of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), application letter for the position being applied and copies of academic certificates to:1
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
O1 Lumumba/Makamba Street
P.O. BOX 13234,
DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION
The closing date is 17thSeptember 2021 at 18:00 EAT. Late submission, will not be considered for evaluation.