We are looking for an agronomist to take care of different farms in different regions in Tanzania. Candidates with the right qualifications are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
- Assesses crop production of the farm
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and carries out laboratory tests of soil, seed, and crop samples
- Performs quality control for seed caliber and soil standards
- Keeps records of research, testing, and results.
- Prepares analysis and data presentation
- Developing better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improving crop yield.
- Researching and promoting agricultural strategies to counter the effects of changes in soil, climate, weather, and pest damage.
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples.
- Testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Conducting training on products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.
- Minimum 2 years of agronomy work experience
- In-depth knowledge of soil and crop principles
- Outstanding research and analytical skills
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture; Master’s degree in Agriculture (specializing in soil science) a plus
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 November 2021.