PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for Health Information System Development Lead who will support a CDC-funded program titled “Strengthening the Government of Tanzania’s Capacity to Develop, Implement, and Use Digital Health to Achieve HIV/TB Epidemic Control through Interoperable Information Systems, Governance, Quality Improvement, and Workforce Support under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to increase the ability of health information systems (HIS) to support high-quality patient-centered services, data quality, and subsequent use at all levels to achieve current and emerging health sector objectives.
The project will work closely with the Government of Tanzania (GOT) and health system stakeholders to organize the building, implementation, and scale-up of Tanzania’s HIS and manage vendors/sub-partners to support the evolution and integration of the national HIS. The project will increase ability of systems to support use of data from linked systems, support patient-centered clinical services, and use of data for monitoring and programmatic decision-making.
The HIS Development Lead will provide oversight and leadership to the successful design and development of interoperable health information systems to support HIV/TB service delivery. The HIS Development Lead will manage a teach of enterprise architects, business analysts, interoperability advisors, product development and quality assurance experts. The will be will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic, HIS architecture vision and leadership and all aspects of the development of the HIS. They will serve on the Senior Management Team and will report to the Project Director. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Leading the HIS development team in the design, development, coding, testing and debugging of applications
- Managing all the activities of the software development team and set goals for each team member to ensure timely project delivery.
- Lead and oversee software development quality assurance strategies.
- Lead in designing and oversee mechanism of routine collection of user feedback across multiple system and develop periodic software enhancement plan.
- Provide guidance to the team and ensure they adhere to software development standards
- Oversee the design and development of scalable and user-friendly digital health solutions to facilitate evidenced based decision making.
- Work with software development partner to ensure projects are delivered by an appropriate source on timely and cost effective manner.
- Create and maintain a Technology Roadmap for the Software Development team to clearly indicate areas of risk, show upgrade paths and timelines and feed into overall planning processes.
- Lead the team to ensure they are motivated, engaged and have personal development plans.
- Ensure that the work of the team is properly prioritized, resourced, managed and executed efficiently and effectively
- Build the capacity of CDH team on enterprise level software development
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture team to promote health enterprise architecture including interoperability to ensure efficient inter-systems data dependency.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, Computing, Information Systems, or related subjects. Professional certifications (COBIT, ITIL, etc.) desired.
• Minimum of eight years of professional experience in digital health/eHealth systems implementation, including system development, testing, and deployment, in Tanzania.
• Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills including substantial hands-on experience in complex process analysis and system design where scope is relatively undefined.
• Experience with creation of functional requirements, prototyping solutions, driving gap analysis sessions, prioritizing scope to build short- and long-term roadmaps for system development.
• Experience as key contributor on integrated solution designs and deliverables of projects that are cross functional and large scale with a long-term roadmap in place.
• A strong track record of successfully managing digital health projects and teams
• In depth knowledge of the Tanzania health information systems and structures for the provision of HIV services.
• Knowledge and experience in Enterprise Architecture development
• Technical background in the software development technologies
• Demonstrated experience working with a broad range of stakeholders on the development of national strategies, plans, and programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and oral communication skills in Kiswahili.
● Advanced computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint desired.
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, or political ideology.