PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is currently recruiting for a temporary Human Resources Generalist to serve the East Africa Region as a point of contact for all HR administrative queries, providing guidance and support to the employees in the East African Region. The role is primarily transactional and requires a strong administrative background and excellent organizational and client service skills. This position reports to the Regional HR Business Partner (HRBP) for East Africa, based in Kenya.
The HR team in Africa works in a coordinated effort to facilitate HR initiatives and deliver high level partnership and support to programs and operations across the region.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for day-to-day HR transactions and activities
- Under the supervision of the Regional HRBP provides support to internal client groups
- Assist the Regional HRBP in assessing and managing all employees basic HR related issues
- Contribute to supporting local management with the employee life cycle activities such as providing support conducting onboarding and offboarding processes, providing them with tools and data and supporting disciplinary actions
- Responsible for HR administrative tasks which cannot be performed remotely by the HR Support Team
- In collaboration with the Regional HRBP and the HR Support team, build and maintain all HR administrative processes and tools
- Support the HRBP in management and implementation of established HR strategies, policies and practices and may provide policy clarification and annual process implementation under the oversight of Regional HRBP
- May serve as local point of contact for Compensation & Benefits, may participate in policy development and implementation, may be consulted in recruiting
- Ensure proper records maintenance and reporting as needed
- Serves as point of contact in case of HR Audit under the oversight of Regional HRBP
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in human resources management or any related field
- Minimum 4 years of administrative experience in human resources, preferably including on-boarding, off-boarding, benefits, recruiting and employee coaching
- Flexibility to work within multiple time zones and multiple teams across the continent
- Good problem solving, bridge building, and diplomacy abilities
- Capacity to work autonomously and to remotely support teams in different cities and/or countries
- Comfortable managing in a flexible and changing environment, with ability to be ready to adjust plans and direction in response to feedback
- Proactive with a high sense of urgency
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of local labor practices and laws
- Excellent organizational skills
Must have legal authorization to work in Tanzania
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.