Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) is a parastatal public corporation acting under the aegis of the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, that has the responsibility “to manage and operate” the ocean ports and lake ports of the country of Tanzania.
On behalf of Tanzania Ports Authority, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 127 vacant posts as mentioned below.
Job opportunity at Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA), Ajira TPA, Nafasi za Kazi TPA, Nafasi za kazi mpya TPA Tanzania, nafasi za kazi kampuni ya serikari, TPA jobs tanzania, TPA jobs 2022, TPA jobs for matriculants, Ajira Mpya Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA)
ENGINE ROOM ASSISTANT – 4 POSTS
WORKSTATION: DSM CENTRAL PORT
REPORT TO: HARBOUR MASTER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work within the daily work schedule;
- To maintain tug log book showing Main engines and Auxiliaries running service hours and movements made by the tug;
- To ensure routine maintenance of Machineries are carried as per planned schedule
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) plus Holder of Certificate of Competence for Officer in Charge of an Engineering Watch (OIEW) of Vessels less than 750 kW issued under Tanzania Merchant Shipping Act 2003. Certificate in Marine Engineering will be an added advantage.
Salary Scale: TPGS 3
Special needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P.O. Box 2320, University of Dodoma, Utumishi/Asha Rose Migiro Buildings Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 11st April, 2022;
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)