Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA) is a parastatal public corporation acting under the aegis of the Ministry of Infrastructure Development, that has the responsibility “to manage and operate” the ocean ports and lake ports of the country of Tanzania.
On behalf of Tanzania Ports Authority, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat invites qualified Tanzanians to fill 127 vacant posts as mentioned below.
Job opportunity at Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA), Ajira TPA, Nafasi za Kazi TPA, Nafasi za kazi mpya TPA Tanzania, nafasi za kazi kampuni ya serikari, TPA jobs tanzania, TPA jobs 2022, TPA jobs for matriculants, Ajira Mpya Tanzania Ports Authority (TPA)
SIGNALER – 1 POST
WORKSTATION: DSM CENTRAL PORT
REPORT TO: HARBOUR MASTER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To operate radar and other equipment of the electronic navigation system (ENS);
- To keep constant watch of the radar/ system monitor vessel traffic.
- To interpret pictures and plot position, directions and other relevant information;
- To communicate appropriate information at the right time to the right Vessel regarding traffic status such as position, speed direction and environmental factors;
- To maintain records and evolves shift reports; vi. To perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) plus Certificate Global Maritime Distress Safety Systems (GMDSS) from recognized institutions.
Salary Scale: TPGS 3
sSpecial needs/case (disability) is supposed/advised to indicate;
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat,
P.O. Box 2320, University of Dodoma, Utumishi/Asha Rose Migiro Buildings Dodoma.
- Deadline for application is 11st April, 2022;
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action;
NOTE: All applications must be sent through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; http://portal.ajira.go.tz/ and not otherwise (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’)