At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
The AML Senior Analyst has the responsibility to perform the organization’s anti money laundering (AML) and counter terrorist financing (CTF) operations and ensuring that M-PESA and any other qualifying service offered by the organization is/are compliant with provisions of the AML Act 2006
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
• Maintain detailed knowledge of current AML regulations, legislation requirements, as well as future developments within the AML scope. This should drive the change to existing procedures
• Implement adequate AML and CTF controls to ensure that all possible areas of AML & CTF concerns are covered.
• Prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to internal stakeholders and management on the state of Compliance and follow through for resolution of the same.
• Ensure that AML procedures and process are in line with current regulatory and legislation requirements by carrying out bi-annual reviews
• Perform quarterly reviews of all AML controls to assess effectiveness; where there are deficiencies; recommend changes and follow-up the implementations of these changes within the agreed timelines.
• Carry out quarterly AML compliance reviews on M-PESA activities based on the signed off compliance methodology.
• Proactively identify gaps and ensure implementation of in AML projects to increase efficiency/effectiveness
• Follow-up of implementation of recommendation made by the Internal Audit & annual Vodafone AML audit team or any other regulatory audit.
• Report control weaknesses or lapses to senior management in a timely manner, recommend mitigation controls or process changes and follow up implementation of agreed actions
• Maintain strong working relationship with internal stakeholders e.g. Financial services, Big Data & Business Analytics, Regional Sales & Operations, Corporate Security, Corporate Affairs, Customer Operations and relevant departments to ensure that compliance issues are regularly discussed and addressed
• In liaison with the MLRO, manage the performance of outsourced AML activities, define performance indicators, assign tasks, and define goals and objectives for them
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
• Knowledge and understanding of International Anti-money laundering efforts and agencies (e.g FATF).
• Knowledge in report writing.
• High level of computer literacy exceptionally conversant with Word and excel.
• Solid interpersonal, analytical skills and customer oriented approach.
• Strong communication skills, fluency in English and Kiswahili.
• Strong database skills, including working with advanced data sets, pivot tables, advanced database and statistical functions and methods.
• Excellent use of Excel and other analytical tools.
• Ability to quickly grasp and understand business unit specific AML risks, develop comprehensive user requirements, and provide recommendations for appropriate automated solutions to mitigate those risks
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Professional qualification in Anti Money Laundering will be added advantage.
• At least three (3) years’ experience working as Analyst in AML space in financial or non-financial institutions.
* Delivers day-to-day aspects Risk and Compliance, reviewing, creating awareness, training and administration, as well as recommending improvements and implementing systems and controls within markets.�Has a good understanding of Risk and Compliance procedures and concepts and advices on processes and activities to ensure a consistent approach across markets to managing risks, protecting reputation, improving efficiency and driving growth;
* Supports the team to deliver operations and activities of the Risk and Compliance function to ensure Vodafone adherence to required standards and legislation (e.g. SOX requirements);
* �� Effectively interacts with colleagues and partners and exchanges complex ideas and information effectively and in a concise and logical way;
* Performs other job-related duties or tasks defined by the supervisor or resulting from assigned agendas.
Controlling RiskRisk AssessmentRisk Management ProcessRisk and Compliance
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.