The Geita Gold Mine is an open pit gold mine located in the Geita District of the Geita Region of Tanzania. It is operated by AngloGold Ashanti. In 2008, the mine accounted for 6% of the company’s overall annual gold production and employed close to 3,200 staff.
Job opportunity at Geita Gold Mine, Ajira Geita Gold Mine, Nafasi za Kazi Geita Gold Mine, Nafasi za kazi mpya Geita Gold Mine Tanzania, nafasi za kazi kampuni ya serikari, Geita Gold Mine jobs tanzania, Geita Gold Mine jobs 2022, Geita Gold Mine jobs for matriculants, Ajira Mpya Geita Gold Mine
Position: Coordinator 1 – QAQC HE Workshop.
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Re-Reporting to: Specialist 1 Quality maintenance
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Purpose of the role is to enhance the performance of our machines and the team at large. To ensure that members of the Engineering team are accountable for the delivery of the planned performance of the department with zero injuries and with best output. To specify the requirements for safely, correctly and efficiently of the planned work.
- Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) with the following additional qualifications:
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized Institute or College of Higher Learning.
- Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
- Must possess valid Tanzanian Driving license.
Minimum of Five years’ work experience as a Mechanic dealing with Heavy Equipment in Mining industry / environment and must possess the following.
- Proven experience in trouble shooting and maintenance work on Caterpillar (CAT) equipment.
- Ability to use Caterpillar SIS & ET
- Ability to use special diagnostic tools and reading schematic diagram.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test and approve quality of job done.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- To ensure Torque specifications, tolerance and correct fluid are applied on Equipment & Components at all times when Components change out is done, by making sure there is correct information filled, signed off orders after he has physically checked when execution is taking place
- To inspect machines for defects and influence work force to carry out repairs in a correct manner following GGM standards & OEM
- Perform ET downloads when equipment are on PM Service & when they came for Technical repairs, file data & interpret information in order to determine improvements.
- Inspect Contractors Equipment before entering mine site to determine whether they meet mine standards (Context – following release form / check list)
- Review Contractor’s Maintenance System & Recommends improvement on Quality maintenance practices.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Review SOP’s for maintenance & recommend improvement
- Record issues on work orders regarding Quality Maintenance & records corrective actions in tracking records (e.g. Defects reported previously but not actioned find out reason whether parts ordered & availabilities) implement for plan of action
- Review completed inspection reports / check sheet & machine release form, sign it off as a proof of going through
- Ensure checklist is submitted by Execution Team & QMS Personnel has signed off
- Identify if Training gap can cover Execution team output.
- Influence execution team with quality maintenance practice.
- Ensure all machines after PM Services & Component change their release form are signed off through QMS Personnel daily
- Sound knowledge on health, Safety and Environmental issues
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision
- He / She must be physical and mentally fit and hard working
- Be able to show initiative and coordination skills and be able to interact with the team
- Good in Microsoft skills / Computer literacy in spreadsheet and programing data entry
- Good communication skills.
- English literacy skill is a significant requirement for the role as the role holder must have good written and oral communication skills in English language
- Demonstrate good commitment to deliver
- Be able to read and understand maintenance manual book.
- Driving competency (Must have a valid Tanzanian license)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be Coordinator 1 – QAQC HE Workshop”
If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website www.geitamine.com for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
Applications should reach the above on or before 10th April, 2022 at 5:30 Pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing email@example.com or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com