The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Muhimbili Centre is looking for a full time qualified Tanzanians to fill the posts of Project Coordinator, Study Physician, Clinical Research Nurse, Research Officer and Project accounts Officer.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of Muhimbili Medical Research Centre wishes to advertise the mentioned posts which require a highly motivated and competent Tanzanians to fill the posts on annual contract basis with possibility of renewal.
PROJECT COORDINATOR: (1 POSITION)
The Project Coordinator will facilitate and coordinate daily project activities and playing a critical role in the implementation of the project. By performing these duties, the Project Coordinator will work with the Project Investigator and other stakeholders to support and provide guidance on administration, financial, personnel and other related aspects of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure that assigned project activities including patient’s recruitment, sample collection, packaging, storage and transportation are implemented as per the SOP’s while abiding to all ethical principles, on time and as per the work plan;
- To develop accurate source materials and ensure compliance from project staff and stakeholders;
- To provide accurate and timely documentation and reporting to both sponsor and NIMR;
- To ensure appropriate credentialing and training of the project team members in the project sites;
- To liaise with project team and stakeholders to ensure that the implementation of the project activities supports efforts of the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children on the vaccination for COVID-19;
- To communicate and collaborate specific project requirements to the project team, including PI, sponsor and stakeholders;
- To ensure compliance with project protocols, by providing ongoing quality control audits;
- To facilitate communication of project’s progress to all stakeholders on implementation strategies; this includes, providing regular status updates and progress reports to project management;
- To facilitate timely and effective stakeholders’ communication through regular meetings, reporting, site visits and conference calls;
- To manage effective relationships and open communication with project site facilities and key stakeholders;
- To compile and maintain all project documentation in accordance with Project SOPs;
- To prepare quarterly, annual and terminal progress reports of the work done;
- To organize meetings, as necessary, with project team members and collaborators, including programme, accommodation, travel, venues and social events;
- To perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A holder of Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree and a MSc in related field;
- At least a minimum of two years’ experience in coordinating a clinical trial;
- Good analytical skills and ability to understand complex subjects; extract and communicate relevant information from data and documents;
- Ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation and reporting, using
- MS Office software, for internal and stakeholders’ communication;
- Expert project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to define scope, manage stakeholders, manage schedule/task activity, manage change and communicate risks;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
- Strong language skills with fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions;
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
The Project Coordinator will report to Project Principal Investigator.
One-year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
The successful Candidate will be based at NIMR-Muhimbili Centre, Dar-es-Salaam.
A competitive salary will be offered as per Government of Tanzania Regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae.
- Applicants are also reminded to indicate all necessary information for communication.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Applicant is required to submit his hardcopy application to the address below.
The Centre Director,
National Institute for Medical Research,
Muhimbili Medical Research Centre,
P O Box 3436,
Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA.
- The application deadline will be on 14th January 2022.