The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Muhimbili Centre is looking for a full time qualified Tanzanians to fill the posts of Project Coordinator, Study Physician, Clinical Research Nurse, Research Officer and Project accounts Officer.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of Muhimbili Medical Research Centre wishes to advertise the mentioned posts which require a highly motivated and competent Tanzanians to fill the posts on annual contract basis with possibility of renewal.
RESEARCH OFFICER (1 Position)
The Research Officer will assist the Project Coordinator in supports, facilitates and coordinates the daily project activities and plays a critical role in the conduct of the study. By performing these duties, the Research Officer will work with the Project Coordinator, Project Investigator, and institution to support personnel and other related aspects of the clinical study.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As Research Officer, ensures assigned study is conducted in accordance with the National IRB regulation and Good Clinical Practices (GCP) guidelines;
- To ensure site compliance with research protocols by reviewing all regulatory requirements to confirm implementation of appropriate methods, practices, and procedures for all research activities;
- To develop accurate source materials and ensures compliance from site staff;
- To provide accurate and timely data collection, documentation, entry, and reporting in study databases;
- To ensure appropriate credentialing and training of the entire study team;
- To support the regulatory staff in the maintenance of regulatory documents in accordance with Study SOP and applicable regulations;
- To interface with research participants, to support efforts to determine eligibility and consenting of study participants according to protocol;
- To communicate and collaborates specific study requirements to the research team including internal and external parties, monitors, PI, and study participants;
- To ensure compliance with research protocols, by providing ongoing quality control audits;
- To facilitate timely and effective stake holders’ communication through regular meetings, reporting, site visits and conference calls;
- To manage effective relationships and open communication with project site facilities and key stakeholders;
- To compile and maintain all project documentation in accordance with Project SOPs and procedures. Prepare quarterly, annual and terminal progress reports of the work done;
- To help study coordinator organize meetings, as necessary, with study team members and collaborators, including programme, accommodation, travel, venues and social events;
- And carry out any other related duties as may be assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Holder of Master’s Degree in one of the following fields: Medicine, Microbiology, virology, bacteriology, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology (Genetics and Medical) with first degree in Medicine (MD); ii. Experience to work with research organization or research institution;
- Good analytical skills ability, to understand complex subjects, extract and communicate relevant information from data and documents;
- Ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation and reporting, using MS Office software, for internal and stake holders’ communication;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
- Strong language skills fluent written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
- Previous experience in the field of clinical trials, and knowledge of good clinical practice would be highly desirable; and/or previous experience in Project Management will be an added advantage; and viii. Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions. Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
The Research Officer will report and work under Project Investigator.
One-year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance and mutual agreement.
Will be based at NIMR – Muhimbili Centre, Dar-es-Salaam.
A competitive salary will be offered.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae.
- Applicants are also reminded to indicate all necessary information for communication.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Applicant is required to submit his hardcopy application to the address below.
The Centre Director,
National Institute for Medical Research,
Muhimbili Medical Research Centre,
P O Box 3436,
Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA.
- The application deadline will be on 14th January 2022.