The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Muhimbili Centre is looking for a full time qualified Tanzanians to fill the posts of Project Coordinator, Study Physician, Clinical Research Nurse, Research Officer and Project accounts Officer.
On behalf of the Director General of the National Institute for Medical Research, the Centre Director of Muhimbili Medical Research Centre wishes to advertise the mentioned posts which require a highly motivated and competent Tanzanians to fill the posts on annual contract basis with possibility of renewal.
STUDY PHYSICIAN: (1POSITION)
The Study Physician will provide medical leadership on project teams. He/she will provide medical/scientific consultation and therapeutic expertise. This position is primarily responsible for overseeing study specific medical/safety monitoring activities, ensuring compliance with ethical, legal, and regulatory standards as well as Sponsor SOPs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Day to day running of clinical trial;
- Communication between ward staff and study staff;
- Screening, enrolment and randomisation of study participants;
- Day to day clinical management of participants;
- Reporting any SAEs and SUSAR immediately to the local PI;
- Completing AE forms within 24 hours of their occurrence and communicating the AE/SAE/SUSAR to the local and international PI;
- Completing progress reports for the DSMB/TSC and ethics committees;
- Liaising with the study coordinator in ordering trial equipment;
- Ensuring case report forms (CRFs) are kept accurate and up to date;
- Ensuring CRFs and AE forms are faxed using the Redcap;
- Checking and recording all laboratory results for trial participants;
- Laboratory transport and storage of samples: serum, urine and plasma (in conjunction with laboratory technician);
- Follow-up of study participants for six months from date of recruitment;
- Responsible for ensuring secure storage and sufficient supplies of IMP and consumables in conjunction with pharmacist;
- Ensure appropriate laboratory specimen collection, storage and sample shipping as required;
- Preparation for external monitoring visits;
- On-site monitoring of trial (laboratory, pharmacy, clinical areas, data entry) and
- To perform any other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Medicine Degree (M. Med) who is registered with the Medical Council of Tanganyika and must be a holder of a Doctor of Medicine Degree;
- Experience to work with research organization or research institution.
- Good analytical skills ability, to understand complex subjects, extract and communicate relevant information from data and documents;
- Ability to prepare comprehensive project documentation and reporting; using MS Office software, for internal and stake holders’ communication;
- Expert project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to define scope, manage stakeholders, manage schedule/task activity, manage change and communicate risks;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
- Strong language skills fluent written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
- Previous experience in the field of clinical trials, and knowledge of good clinical practice would be highly desirable; and/or previous experience in Project Management will be an added advantage;
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills;
- Ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines.
The Study Physician will report to Project Principal Investigator.
One-year contract which may be renewed on the basis of performance and mutual agreement.
Duty station will be based in Dar es Salaam.
A competitive salary will be awarded to a successful candidate
MODE OF APPLICATION
- All applications should be enclosed with certified photocopies of relevant certificates and detailed curriculum vitae.
- Applicants are also reminded to indicate all necessary information for communication.
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Applicant is required to submit his hardcopy application to the address below.
The Centre Director,
National Institute for Medical Research,
Muhimbili Medical Research Centre,
P O Box 3436,
Dar es Salaam, TANZANIA.
- The application deadline will be on 14th January 2022.