North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit an Electrician to join Electrical Gold plant team. The successful candidate for this position will carry out assigned Electrical tasks for Water treatment and Brine plant within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and tradesman Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The Electrician will report to the WTP Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor.
- Ensure total compliance/adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure Compliance to Standard Operating Procedures for safe work daily –Isolation, Lockout, confined space, working at height, lifting & rigging etc.
- Follow work schedule to maximize efficiency, taking into consideration roles and responsibilities cooperation with other team members.
- Ensure scheduled equipment preventive Maintenance (inspection) work is carried out on daily, weekly, monthly basis and identified defects reported and resolved within the shift.
- Conduct repair and preventative maintenance on mining electrical systems to achieve production and cost targets.
- Inspection of Measuring/Testing Instruments conducted daily before use & calibrations performed to OEM schedule or when required
- Use, Interpret OEM Manuals for maintaining & repairing of required equipment, <5% accuracy discrepancy to OEM Specifications
- Ensure 100% of daily assigned tasks completed to the required standard as well as respond to breakdowns as soon possible.
- Competent in the use/operation of all required power tools and hand tools are inspected and maintained daily to be stored safely & correctly at all times.
- Ensure budget expenditure do not exceeded by more than 10% monthly for Electrical work- support reduction of wastage & repair before replacing parts where possible.
- Ensure 100% of required records filed & ready for auditing at all times both electronic & hard copy.
- Ensure handovers conducted 100% accurately every day/shift.
- Ensure 100% compliance to completing required Logbooks for Inspection daily, weekly, monthly.
- Ensure 100% of shift reports accurately & correctly completed and submitted on time.
- Electrical Trade Certificate or Equivalent
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Trade Certificate Equivalent.
- MSDS Sheets (Material Safety Data Sheets)
- Environmental Policy Awareness
- Mines Health & Safety Act Awareness
- Power Factor Correction and generators
- At least 2 years’ Post qualified experience in Electrical Repair & Maintenance in large organization preferred Mining/Construction.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer skills – word, excel, Outlook.
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili.
- Basic Mechanical Skills
- Electrical Fault Finding
- Basic Instrumentation
- Light Vehicle License
- Hand Tools Operation
- Power Tools operation- Cutting, grinding, welding, and drilling.
- Working at Height
- Basic Rigging & Lifting.
- Confined space.
- Isolation Tagging & Lockout.
- Interpret OEM Manuals, technical drawings, schematics, diagrams.
- Planning Skills- labor, parts, time, Cost.
- Equipment Calibration
- Parts/ spares Identification
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment (M)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “Electrician- Gold Plant” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 11th January, 2022.
BEWARE Of Fraudulent activities! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.