Ref. No. AB.322/267/01/02
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridges.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – Arusha, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS intends to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill various vacant posts on specific contract within the Region.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill various vacancies in the region at its Kimokouwa Weighbridge Station at Longido District and Regional Manager’s Office.
POSITION TITTLE: TECHNICIAN (1 POST) – CIVIL
Educational/Professional qualifications: –
- Holder of Full Technician Certificate (FTC – Civil), Ordinary Diploma in Civil or Highway Engineering from any recognized learning institution;
- Registered as Civil Technician with ERB
- Must be computer literate;
- Served as Civil Technician or an equivalent Capacity on at least Three (2) in road construction project;
- Self-motivation, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
Duties and responsibilities
- Inspect and reports condition of the designated roads on weekly basis or at more frequent intervals if required;
- Supervises work programmes for main contractor and Labour base contractors undertaking routine/ recurrent, periodic, and emergency maintenance works within the designed roads or as directed;
- Supervises bridge maintenance works as per annual programmes;
- Measure and keep records of daily work done on site;
- Certify worksheets, delivery notes and similar documentation as directed by Maintenance Engineer;
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly progress reports as required;
- Coordinate and Supervise quality control requirements;
- Keep and maintain daily site diaries;
- Coordinate, supervise and manage road reserve related activities such as preventing encroachment, installation of bill boards, utilities and facilitation of permits for temporary use of road reserve;
- Report immediately any issue that require the attention of the Maintenance Engineer;
- Supervise enforcement of Road Act No. 13 of 2007 and its Regulation of 2009.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Remuneration: TRDS 4.1
TERMS AND CONDITION OF SERVICE:
Two years Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance) and availability of funds.
- Applicants must attach an up – to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificate;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable;
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary, Advanced level or universities/colleges should be authenticated by the National respective organs (NECTA, NACTE or TCU).
- A signed HAND WRITTEN APPLICATION LETTER should either be in Swahili or English.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action;
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.O Box 3094,
Deadline for application is Friday, 19th November, 2021;