Ref. No. AB.322/267/01/02
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridges.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – Arusha, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS intends to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill various vacant posts on specific contract within the Region.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill various vacancies in the region at its Kimokouwa Weighbridge Station at Longido District and Regional Manager’s Office.
POSITION TITTLE: TECHNICIAN (1 POST) – MATERIALS
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in providing support to all projects with regard to road construction materials sourcing and qualify control assignments;
- Initiate payments for Laboratory costs of the projects and prepare reconciliation statements for the same;
- Monitors the quality, general limits and test result;
- Ensures that all laboratory assets and equipment are maintained in good order and are calibrated as and when necessary;
- Records and reports on all test results;
- Carries out in situ testing and takes site samples;
- Measures and certifies for payment contract works;
- Prepares reports for the Laboratory as required;
- Manages the laboratory stores;
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor;
- Remuneration: TRDS 4.1
TERMS AND CONDITION OF SERVICE:
Two years Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance) and availability of funds.
- Applicants must attach an up – to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificate;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable;
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary, Advanced level or universities/colleges should be authenticated by the National respective organs (NECTA, NACTE or TCU).
- A signed HAND WRITTEN APPLICATION LETTER should either be in Swahili or English.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action;
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.O Box 3094,
Deadline for application is Friday, 19th November, 2021