Ref. No. AB.322/267/01/02
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this, it is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations using Weighbridges.
The Regional Manager TANROADS – Arusha, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS intends to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill various vacant posts on specific contract within the Region.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill various vacancies in the region at its Kimokouwa Weighbridge Station at Longido District and Regional Manager’s Office.
POSITION TITLE: WEIGHBRIDGE SHIFT IN-CHARGE (3 POSTS)
Educational/Professional qualifications: –
- Any bachelor degree recognized by higher learning institutions
- A National Form IV/VI certificate;
- Age limit: between 35-40 years inclusive;
- Must be Computer literate, at least computer Applications;
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahiii and English Languages:
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Must be self-motivated, able to work under pressure outside working hours with minimum supervision
Duties and responsibilities
- Carrying out activities as described in the EAC Vehicle Load Control Act of 2016 and its Regulations of 2017 which include the following; Weighing motor vehicles gross vehicle weight (GVW) > 3,500kg plying on our public Roads.
- Enforcing Axle Load Control by the use of weighbridge scale devices
- Supervising shift activities;
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporter in case of noncompliance with vehicle dimension limit;
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Axle Load Supervisor;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor;
- Remuneration: TRDS 5.1
TERMS AND CONDITION OF SERVICE:
Two years Contract terms (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance) and availability of funds.
- Applicants must attach an up – to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificate;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable;
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary, Advanced level or universities/colleges should be authenticated by the National respective organs (NECTA, NACTE or TCU).
- A signed HAND WRITTEN APPLICATION LETTER should either be in Swahili or English.
- Only short listed candidates will be informed for interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action;
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.O Box 3094,
Deadline for application is Friday, 19th November, 2021